Friday, September 9, 2011

Shayna Leib

Can you guess what these are made out of???
It's freaking glass people! How cool is that?!?! I thought it was some vertical garden but i was wrong these are individual glass poles. Breath taking isn't it? So much movement in these pieces I want to touch one. I am one of those people that have to keep there hand behind their backs so that they don't touch the art haha oops. Anyway here is more work from Shayna Leib. Oh and p.s glass is really hard to work with! Most people loose the feeling in their arms because of the heat... ummm ouch. I tried it once and made a pretty nifty paper weight but it was really painful to stand in front of the fire to melt the glass. So i give her major props to do all this.
All images above are from Colossal 

and here is what I made my little paper weight I love it!
I went to the Diablo Glass School it was so much fun I highly recommend taking a class there!

not a perfect circle but it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. 









No comments:

Post a Comment