Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Andy Goldsworthy

Andy Goldsworthy has sucked me in and is holding tight. I am enthralled with his work and the man himself his philosophies are something that I want to strive for in my architecture and art. He is so in-tuned with nature and creating something from that with all natural materials he even keeps the pieces in the exact same spot that he gathers it. He is a man to inspire and capture your attention.

His Philosophy:
"I have become aware of raw nature is in a state of change and how that change is the key to understanding. I want my art to be sensitive and alert to changes in material, season and weather. Often I can only follow a train of thought while a particular weather condition persists. When a change comes, the idea must alter or it will, and often does, fail. I am sometimes left stranded by a change in the weather with half-understood feelings that have to travel with me until conditions are right for them to appear. All forms are to be found in nature, and there are many qualities within any material. By exploring them I hope to understand the whole. My work needs to include the loose and disordered within the nature of material as well as the tight and regular."


1,2,3,4,5,6,7

No comments:

Post a Comment